With more than 50 years of experience the Hotel and Tourism Schools of Turismo de Portugal enjoy industry recognition for their sound and hands-on training methodologies. Students choose our schools for our high standard education programs, expert faculty, world class facilities and outstanding career opportunities.
The Culinary Arts programme will prepare students to perform both technical and management activities in restaurant business/food service, whether part of hotel units or not, as well as food and beverage departments.
This training will not only enable students to acquire the knowledge and technical skills in the hospitality sector but also the adequate personal and soft skills required, through the attendance of course units such as Creativity and Personal Development and Artistic Expressions, as well as integrated management skills based on innovative learning models.
Top Reasons to attend:
• Classes by Renowned Professionals
• Practical, hands-on and total immersion teaching, learning and training methodology
• English as a working language. Opportunity to learn French/Spanish as a second language taught at School
• Opportunity to experience an International and multicultural lifestyle
• ECTS equivalent recognized in all Europe
• High rate of employment in the industry
3 Semesters + 1 curricular internship
The Culinary Arts Programme is a 1,5 year (full-time) course, consisting of three semesters, including a 3-month internship. Students have the opportunity to select top restaurants, hotel chains and other operators in Portugal and abroad to do their internship.
Semester 1 (Additional Training Programme) consists of a training beginner level programme aimed at students with no previous training or experience in the area. Therefore, qualified students can have their credentials recognized and get exemption of frequency of formative units.
The Specialized Food Production and Management Technician is a professional qualified to plan, manage and coordinate work in the kitchen, collaborating with the F&B management service in the planning of menus and the calculation of costs.
The main activities are:
• Plan and organize kitchen service;
• Manage kitchen service operations and control kitchen service production costs;
• Create and prepare bakery and pastry products related to the restaurant and catering industry;
• Create and prepare kitchen recipes (traditional Portuguese cuisine, contemporary and modern cuisine, fast meal services, classic and international cuisine, new kitchen trends and alternative cuisine)
• Organize and manage special kitchen services
• Create and develop new kitchen products
• Team management
At the end of the Programme the student will be given a Diploma of Technological Specialization level 5 in Culinary Arts Management.
Request and functioning authorization by ordinance n.º 2570/2018, of March 13th
PROSSEGUIMENTO DE ESTUDOS
With this training students are granted credit units (ECTS) recognized under the Bologna Process, enabling students to pursue further training in related areas at several Universities and Higher Education Centers
Schools of Turismo de Portugal have established protocols with different national and international higher education institutions.
Application and Registration
Annual value of the fee
(*) These values have a 50% reduction at the schools of Douro Lamego, Portalegre and Vila Real de Santo António.
Em caso de dúvidas, entre em contacto connosco.