With more than 50 years of experience the Hotel and Tourism Schools of Turismo de Portugal have long been recognized for their groundbreaking and hands-on training methodologies. Students choose our schools for their high standard education programmes, expert teachers and the most recent and state-of-the-art world class facilities.
The Hospitality Operations Management Programme will prepare students to perform both technical and management activities in rooms division departments, namely concierge / reception, floors / rooms, linen and laundry service as well as event organization and sales.
This training will not only enable students to acquire the knowledge and technical skills in the hospitality sector but also the adequate personal and soft skills required, through the attendance of course units such as Creativity and Personal Development and Artistic Expressions, as well as integrated management skills based on innovative learning models.
Top Reasons to attend:
• Classes by Renowned Professionals
• Practical, hands-on and total immersion teaching, learning and training methodology
• Practical classes in Revenue Management, Housekeeping, Front Office and Professional Hospitality and Reservations Software
• English as a working language. Opportunity to learn French/Spanish as a second language taught at School
• Opportunity to experience an International and multicultural lifestyle
• ECTS equivalent recognized in all Europe
• High rate of employment in the industry
3 Semesters + 1 curricular internship
The Hospitality Operations Management Programme is a 1,5 year (full-time) course, consisting of three semesters, including a 3-month internship. Students have the opportunity to select top restaurants, hotel chains and resorts in Portugal and abroad to do their internship.
Semester 1 (Additional Training Programme) consists of a training beginner level programme aimed at students with no previous training or experience in the area. Therefore, qualified students can have their credentials recognized and get exemption of frequency of formative units.
The Specialized Hospitality Operations Management Technician is a professional qualified to manage, coordinates and controls activities of hotel sections related to the rooms division department, namely, concierge / reception, floors / rooms, linen and laundry service and event organization and sales, guaranteeing quality customer service and the adequate safety procedures of a hotel.
The main activities are:
• Supervise, coordinate and organize the sections of the Rooms Division Department (front office / back office, floors, linen and laundry service, and organization of events and sales)
• Manage the financial results of the Rooms Division Department
• Define the commercial policy of the Rooms Division Department, guaranteeing quality customer service as well as customer focus
• Team management
At the end of the Programme the student will be given a Diploma of Technological Specialization level 5 in Hospitality Operations Management.
Request and functioning authorization by ordinance n.º 2787/2018, of March 19th
With this training students are granted credit units (ECTS) recognized under the Bologna Process, enabling students to pursue further training in related areas at several Universities and Higher Education Centers
Schools of Turismo de Portugal have established protocols with different national and international higher education institutions.
Application and Registration
Annual value of the fee
(*) These values have a 50% reduction at the schools of Douro Lamego, Portalegre and Vila Real de Santo António.